migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When things get worse for no apparent reason

+4
Paradox
Ivy
tecky
pen
8 posters

Go down

When things get worse for no apparent reason Empty When things get worse for no apparent reason

Post  pen Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:38 am

Since March 27 I have been having constant pain. For no reason. I mean there must be a reason, but I cant fathom it.
Have to confess no matter how many times I get a patch like this (last one was December), it scares me.

I have been taking Triptans every other day and haven't had a day without OTC since 29th.
I am not happy about this of course but I cant stand the pain.
By the time I go to bed usually improved, and by about 3am its back.

My daughter is telling me we have had more unsettled weather...could that be it....
I think my sinus might be playing up because I am getting pain in my teeth....could that be it...
Lots of post menopausal flushes....could that be it...
See how I am driving myself nuts, and all the time terrified to take another Triptan.

I am hopefully seeing the neuro on Monday; if I make it.....
Should I just swallow the damn things and worry about it later?
Thing is I am worried about it now....

I think the pain is driving me mad. I know I am getting depressed with it.
Anyone......HELP!!!
affraid

pen

Back to top Go down

When things get worse for no apparent reason Empty Re: When things get worse for no apparent reason

Post  tecky Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:40 am

I'm sorry, Pen. I don't have any answers for you, but I do understand.

I hope the neuro is able to give you something that will help and give you some hope. It's so difficult to keep up hope after one treatment failure after another.

Becky I love you flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

When things get worse for no apparent reason Empty Re: When things get worse for no apparent reason

Post  Ivy Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:42 am

Oh Pen,
I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling like that...
In this period of the year I'm often sick, too.
Apart from migraine, I have a bad cold with cough and muscle pain.
I also suffer from back pain in this period.
So, I wake up in the morning and feel LOUSY and go to sleep at night feeling CRAPPY....
I hope that springtime will soon be over. Summer is better.
Bye
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:02 am

Thank you.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:10 am

Should I just swallow the damn things and worry about it later?

Right or wrong, that's what I do. If I'm in pain and I have something to take for it, I take it. I'm an instant gratification kind of gal.

As Scarlette O'Hara said in "Gone with the Wind" : "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow".
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:00 am

Made me laugh Charlotte.....good medicine, swallow lots of that. Thanks. Very Happy

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:45 pm

thinking of you pen, i really hope you can make that neuros app, no advice to offer i am afraid struggling a bit myself, this time of year stinks , something definately in the air that doesnt agree with a migraineur.
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Does seem so doesnt it Theresa. Time for a "New Moon"....Have you tried "Vampire Diaries" on ITV2??

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:14 pm

I totally agree, a very bad time of year.

I take what ever I can get my hands on these days.... I was so bad the last 3 days I was even using Tramadol. It did help a bit, at least it put me to sleep. I used to worry about taking to many meds, but Heck, I'll deal with it later too. I really don't care if it shortens my lifespan at this point in the game... so sick of it,,,

Really hope you get relief though..... I'll say a prayer for you...

Sherri B!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

When things get worse for no apparent reason Empty when things get worse for no apparent reason

Post  Chinookgrl Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:22 pm

Sorry to hear about everyone having a rough time. I often think the change in season can be a rough time for me as well.
I have been having some rough weeks for the past few. I have been having good energy etc but lots of low level pain with some fabulous spikes, landed in the hospital last Friday.

And I'm with Charlotte. If I am feeling pain or aura I take something. I have two kids running around and well, Mom has to just keep on going. I just figure we all suffer enough that when we can make things a little better , why not? It is what it is Smile

I hope things settle for everyone even for a little while and even just a little bit.

Jo
Chinookgrl
Chinookgrl

Back to top Go down

Post  somebodyhealme Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:06 am

I don't have any brilliant wisdom to pass along, but I want to let you know that I'm thinking of you. I hope things let up at least a little bit very soon.

Diana
Somebody Heal Me
somebodyhealme
somebodyhealme

http://somebodyhealme.dianalee.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down